A better learning future starts here
eColleges is a friendly, welcoming school where children are happy and enjoy learning. Our vision is to grow GREAT citizens, empowered to live successfully in their personal and global lives.
What makes us special?
- Our warm, family-like environment where everyone counts!
- Our high expectations for our students to reach their full potential.
- Our committed, dedicated and caring staff strive to make your child’s learning and social experiences fun and meaningful.
We are on a constant mission to make our learning environment responsive and exciting:
- Fast, wireless access throughout the school.
- e-Learning (using Google Apps for Education) and BYOD from Year 4 – 8 (Bring Your Own Device).
- Senior classroom block is a modern learning environment (MLE) with 4 classrooms surrounding an open, flexible teaching space that includes a computer hub and art area.
- As well as a suite of desktop computers, we have an enviable 1-1 device-to-student ratio in the senior school (Year 4-8) with iPads and Chromebooks. There is also a pod of iPads in the junior school.
- Interactive data projectors to connect and extend teaching and learning.
- School Radio Station with student DJs.
- Green Screen Room for movie making and other media activities.
We have lunchtime sports programs and special interest groups such as Art Club, Writers’ Club, Cooking Club, and French Club.
For students who have identified special needs in reading, we have Rainbow Reading and Reading Recovery programs.
CURRICULUM, LEARNING, AND ASSESSMENT
We teach all seven of the essential learning areas of the New Curriculum. These
are English, Maths, Social Sciences, Science, Physical Education and Health, the Arts, and Technology. Our aim is to provide our students with an exciting, innovative curriculum. At the heart of our curriculum is Thinking-Based Learning. This means that our students are actively taught critical and creative thinking as part of their learning.
YOUR CHILD’S PROGRESS AND ACHIEVEMENT
In Term 1, at our Family Fun Evening, parents have the opportunity to meet with their child’s teacher and discuss the Learning Space program.
In Term 2, full academic reports are sent home and a 3-Way Conference is held with the child, parents, and teachers.